FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Idiots who Design Marriott Rooms
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2015, 8:45 pm
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
I'll chime in as a Gen Xer - I haven't used the desk in a hotel for anything other than dropping my keys and change for years.

I adore the SpringHill Suites' idea of having a laptop tray that you can maneuver right into your lap as you lounge on the sectional, watch TV, and play with your laptop or tablet on the tray table.

I do agree that sometimes it gets a little fashion-forward with some of the renovations. But the hulking desks of the past only conjure up images of a Victorian granny in her hoop skirt using a quill and an inkwell to write out a letter of her travels to the family back home.

Besides, most desks in hotels these days are so littered with marketing collateral that there's about four square inches left anyway.
I've stayed in a few different SpringHill Suites and haven't seen these "laptop trays" you speak of -- but I HAVE seen (and used) a desk in each one!

By the way, nearly 100% of my travel is NOT business travel -- but I still want/need a desk.

And I call BS on the the desks only having "four square inches left" -- whatever papers/materials are on them are easily moved aside.