FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Practices for Filing EU 261 Claims Against United? {Archive}
Old May 22, 2015, 7:04 pm
TheCount2

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Jyrsa
A happy update on this. After a few emails and snail mail replies from United I concluded that that bird wasn't going to fly so I complained to the CAA. They told me they interpret the case so that I should be compensated but UA claimed EU261 didn't apply and that they can't enforce their rulings.

I ended up using Bott & Co to sue in the UK small claims court and I just received confirmation that UA have agreed to settle and that our compensation less their fees is on the way to my account. The fees ended up being roughly 1/3 of the compensation amount (plus any accrued interest but that's likely to be low anyway). They charge 27% + 50€/person to pursue these claims now.

So scratch one for the delay being counted at the final destination (HNL in our case) if the delayed leg left from EU.
I have a claim for two passengers for a ZRH-EWR six hour delay. Bott will not assist me as it is not a UK claim. Does anyone know of a Swiss law firm that handles these things?