FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Patagonia, finally my experiences
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2015, 3:17 am
behuman

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
No worries

Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
Thanks for the excellent information and Patagonia is definitely on our plans for 2016! We've always been thinking about Awasi.

One concern I have is definitely whether hotels are discriminatory in nature, i.e. whether children are welcome. Are any of these places lacking in openness?
Awasi is fantastic and very private indeed - much 2015 style - where the whole Explora group experience is very "nineties".

No concern regarding children declinespecificinformation, but for their own enjoyment of such a trip 10 years old up appears appropriate. At Puerto Varas I would opt for Cumbres hotel with them for more facilities. Llao Llao is paradise for them for sure. Eolo is more formal especially for dinner and Awasi is all private outings so they will adjust. The big walks might be too hard for them. The cruise could be boring unless you tell them that they will go to Cape Horn.... Ushuaia apart that magical trees in the national park has also a fun (very) narrow gauge railway near the park entrance aptly named "tren del fin del mundo".

Generally South America is refreshingly open and everything goes. Best are the beaches of Rio where nobody cares if you are fat or slim, old or young, gay or straight and where only very few (Victorian tourists?) wear board shorts for swimming .

P.S.: I would strongly recommend to learn basic Spanish for such a trip, I did it for two years and was happy when having a serious break down with a car.

Last edited by behuman; May 22, 2015 at 4:36 am