FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2015, 1:59 am
DHalltheway

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by Aventine
re: GH Seoul

The location is good for me because my business is in Yongsan. Handy too that you can drive anywhere in Seoul within 10-15 mins from GH. The highway is right there too.

I use taxis and there's always taxis in the Grand Hyatt Seoul driveway. Or my own POV and their parking lot is pretty spacious and good (non-holiday). Getting a taxi from PH Seoul is darn impossible and then you find yourself going the wrong way because of the way the roads are laid out. Taxis won't stop on that corner where PH Seoul is. It can take the groundstaff 10-15 mins to physically go and flag one down unless you use a call, mobum black taxi.

PH Seoul also has no underground parking and you must do valet. I detest valet. Then, having to pay 30,000 won for them to park it in an unshaded, outside lot next to the hotel is pants. I should be able to park it myself.

Then, there's the bad service and stuckup Gangnam attitude, sense of entitlement the staff there seem to have. The front desk has it bad. The spa front end staff too. My wife wrote her thoughts on her blog here: review of the Park Spa
Can't fault you for that because our needs for location are fundamentally different.

For me I prefer the PHS's location over the GHS. But I prefer the GHS hotel more than the PHS.