FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Emirates a financial scam?
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2015, 4:48 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by FD1971
As pointed out before, countries like the Netherlands invested nearly 20% of their GDP into creating aviation infrastructure after WWII, so are we really trying to start a discussion about the effects of currency exchange rates, inflation, the size of a market, the relevance of the US3 for transporting US troops etc.

No, my friend, but I think even you and eternal are firmly out of the tent now. And the cold hard reality looks a bit different.

Again, Kudos for putting up a good fight, but reality is often hard and cold for all airlines involved, maybe expect Herb's Southwest.
You have a habit of answering questions that weren't asked, or simply starting a monologue that not only does not appear to relate in any way to the topic at hand, but actually makes me wonder what is going on in your head.

Can you answer the question, please? Without digressing to anything that is not directly related to the issue of the specific (and the actual specifics are becoming less and less clear as time drags on) complaint raised against, say, EK?

Originally Posted by FD1971
Because they wanted too much too fast and woke up too many giants with deep pockets and pretty good connections to their respective Government.

Tears for Fears - Mad World
Too much too fast? What does that say about the US3 then? Without apparently modernising fleets, improving product, or serving new markets, they required a figure twice the figure invented in the "Fairy Tale"? Just to keep providing the same old same old service?

Staying Alive - Bee Gees