FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Emirates a financial scam?
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2015, 4:26 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by FD1971
Like I posted before, the GDR simply did not allow unemployment, they simply said it does not exist and everybody agreed and said: Amen, Erich
Enough of your Ostalgie, Fortuna.

Here's a simple question for an expert:

The US3 have benefited to a degree that amounts to almost twice the figure plucked from the ether in that badly-compiled, incoherent, and illogical "Open Skies" report (which, perhaps, was compiled by your favourite Weather Channel intern) - aka the US3 "Fairy Tale".

Even assuming that the ME3 have been subsidised to that extent - on what basis are the US3 able to complain? How does a proven scammer get away with accusing another of pulling the same "scam"? Where in the Open Skies agreement that they want torn up does it say that subsidies are OK on the US side only? In what way are "American jobs" at risk, when the route networks of the ME3 and the US3 are complementary (and any reasonable aviation manager in the US should be negotiating a partnership with an ME3 colleague rather than slagging them off. I'm sure that AA is the least willing "combatant" in this battle, and is probably already ruing the side they have chosen, when they had the opportunity to partner with either, or both, of EK and EY - as well as QR who are now in their alliance!).

So what, exactly, are the US3 complaining about, exactly? What is their fundamental, unstated, grievance?

The US3 position makes no sense. There is no merit to their argument - even if their allegations are proven to be true, does this make the ME3 "bad guys"? If so, then how can it not also make the US3 "bad guys" too?

People in glass houses; pot, kettle; scoring an own-goal (I added that soccer metaphor just for you, Fortuna!), etc etc etc