FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experience with Airbnb?
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2015, 12:36 am
elrealblancos

I have been to Europe for vacation and all accomodations (except in Barcelona) were made using airbnb. All those hosts were nice and friendly, except the last one in Stockholm (you can check on listing 2337965, the property run by husband and wife). In this case, wife seems takes major role compared to her husband.

1. I am accused to use strong menthol smell perfume but later the couple indicated that it was a smell of "hygiene product". Hygiene product is different with perfume and this happened after I checked out. I guess the host tried to have a good review from me then they could write something bad on my profile, if they complaint me at their place directly, I would write something bad to them - which is they are afraid of.

2. Host let me stayed out of their main door until 30 minutes because they forgot to give me key number to unlock the main door and they did not apologize to me because of that. Stockholm was a bit chill at the time I arrived, around 4 degree celcius and they kept me waiting outside until I borrowed a phone from nearby barbershop to call the host to open the door. How was I supposed to know they had key number on the main gate and I had to ask them? There was a doorbell but it did not work at all. Sigh.

3. I could not sleep in the night, too much noises on neighbourhood. People were on party and they kept doing until dawn. I report this to host immediately in the morning directly, not write down on their airbnb profile so I won't ruin their reputation in this business.

4. Host told me not to use her towels/linens, in people common sense sharing towels is not such a thing to do so. And you don't have to remind others not to use your towel, but this host writes on her house rules book and remind you again while she meets you. It's the same like you ask people not to wear your underwear.

5. Host separates your toilet with hers/her husband's. Theirs is integrated with bathroom, bathroom is shared. You can only use bathroom when you're taking bath, if you need to having sh*t or p*ss you have to go to other toilets. Some guests think it was a privilege to have "private toilet" but I don't think so.

Your experience may vary, depends on your luck. When you try to make a booking, good reviews are not a warranty. You have to experience it by yourself.