FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EZE Lounges as of 2014
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2015, 7:25 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by upinsmoke
Short trip report:

The wine and liquor offerings are good, although not much variety, just one brand of each type.

Also, even though they were turning away a lot of credit AmEx holders (rather than charge), the lounge was full by 9:30pm with every chair taken. I decided to walk to the Admiral's Club without much expectations, since I would NEVER choose an Admirals club over a Centurion lounge in the US.

While the Admiral's club is smaller, it was not crowded at all. Maybe because the Iberia flight had already left? The liquor offerings were much better, with multiple choices for red wine, not just Malbec (although I still chose Malbec, albeit a better one than at the Centurion).

And the clincher... empanadas! (and soup, and other hot foods) This was perfect for the late flight out, so I can go right to sleep on the plane instead of having dinner. The Centurion lounge with just serving cold cuts doesn't cut it for that.
(1) If you had visited the AC a bit earlier, there would have been no place to sit. I've been there a couple of times and have left for greener pastures. On my last visit (March) I found a seat by a computer terminal. That was about it.
(2) The AC wine and bubbles quality is pretty marginal, even as compared to the AX selection.
(3) I've sampled the AC "hot food." What I've had is tasteless or gross. I'll take the LAN cold selections any day over the AC "hot food."

I like the AX space a lot more than the AC space. I haven't yet been @ AX during peak departure time (and won't be for the foreseeable future)!