FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Dubai Marina (Master Thread)
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2015, 12:34 am
GordonGordon

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Good to know that it will open 1 week earlier; it's supposed to open on June 1. I'm going to stay there in few weeks and can't wait! Actually I drove by there last month and it seems the hotel is surrounded by many high rise residential buildings, and hope they won't block the views. IC Marina doesn't have the open space like IC Festival City does. There are not many buildings around IC Festival City, only Crowne Plaza, a commercial building and a shopping mall right next to it. The room with city creek view is jaw dropping. However, during my last stay last month, the noise from the renovation of the Festival City shopping mall next door was unbearable. They were tearing down part of the shopping mall complex and started to make noise in the very early morning until almost midnight, and even in the middle of the night I could hear clearly the engine or machine running noise from the construction site while I were sleeping in my room and my room was on 25th floor! I strongly suggest avoid staying at IC Festival City for at least another 1 or 2 months if noise bothers you. IC Marina comes out at the right time!