FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bumped from my seat by "The US Government"
Old May 19, 2015, 2:42 pm
wrp96
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by nrr
[I'm Executive Platinum on AA; if I'm in intl. business class, its only via an upgrade using SWUs (system wide upgrade).
I try to sit in window seats only--I like to look out the window, so FAM issues would not affect me.]
When airlines move pax to accommodate FAMs, do they first check who they are moving? A full fare bc ($8000+) on a fully refundable ticket might just cancel, demand a refund and go to another airline (who would be happy to take his money).
I've got an upcoming flight where I'm pretty sure I've been bumped by a FAM (and no other seat in the cabin to be assigned - 8 seat F cabin). I'm either getting the 75% EU downgrade compensation, or they are moving me to one of the later flights with F. Either way I'm happy.

In my case, I'm pretty certain it's because of the seat I chose, 2A, which seems to be the favorite seat of FAMs. I'm also on an award flight so that might've had something to do with it, but more likely the 2A. They don't seem to like bulkheads, preferring more row 2 or 3, and they seem to like aisle seats on the left side of the aircraft.