FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So is check-in at 3 or isn't it?
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2015, 6:00 pm
jabbered

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The OP seems satisfied, but I'm left with the feeling that the hotel thinks it's OK not to give an arriving elite a room until long past the check in time with no apology or anything, but because of the OP's "VIP" status from the sales representative and history of regularly booking meetings here, they somehow have apologized to the OP and won't threat the OP this way again. I'd be much happier if the hotel had realized that this isn't the way to treat *any* elite guest or more generally *any* guest at all, with any such victim deserving an apology and some customer service gesture.

I'm left with the feeling that so many seem to treat any 1-time situation or one that has a small % of occurring at a hotel (regardless of naming the property or not) as the SOP.

If the OP had waited and given the perfectly valid explanation of why it happened and then asked if it had happened to anyone else and suggestions for the future, there would still be folks threatening to boycott the property (if named).