FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why is domestic first so horrible, and what are the alternatives?
Old May 18, 2015, 5:53 pm
pushmyredbutton

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by FrustratedTraveler
My laptop is a "portable server" with 12 cores and 32GB of ram due to the nature of my work, and gets about 30 minutes per charge. I could carry a second less powerful computer for flying in addition to my on-site computer, and deal with the additional hassle at security - but a better way to solve the problem would be the (working) AC outlet they advertise.

As for service, here's an example from today's flight (which caused me to post this) - flight attendant took the drink orders for everyone before take-off. When she brought them back around she "forgot" mine, and said she'd bring it shortly. Didn't happen before take-off. After take-off, she proceeded to help with coach beverage service. When she came back to first, I hit my call light and mentioned I still hadn't received a drink. She said OK, and then on her way up front proceed to talk with a passenger a few rows ahead, for ~15 minutes. She got up front, and returned with the cookies to pass out, and when she finally got back to me I was informed "they were out of glasses". Why she wouldn't just bring me a can instead, I couldn't tell you. So, no soda for me.

I appreciate the suggestions on reporting issues. I couldn't care less about compensation - I simply want to pay for, and receive, a hassle free experience.
I would imagine your computer would draw considerably more power than the outlets are designed for. Someone more knowledgable may chime in, but if I'm not mistaken they are limited to ~70 watts or so?