FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why is domestic first so horrible, and what are the alternatives?
Old May 18, 2015, 5:30 pm
FrustratedTraveler

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Both of your regular flights are under 3 hours. How quickly does your battery die?
Yes you do deserve a working outlet when one is advertised and FAs that regularly check the cabin. The babies, baggage problems & delays are part of traveling. Hitting the call button is fine if you need service. Don't do it for every little thing but you can ask for what you need if the FAs aren't being attentive.
When you have a problem, report it on board and via the website comments section. I wouldn't go after compensation but if you report what is wrong it gives the company the opportunity to correct the issue. Same for good service. Commend those that do good work to reinforce it and hopefully have it spread through the culture.
There are other options on the MCO-ORD route but I think you're getting the best bet on UAs 737s.
My laptop is a "portable server" with 12 cores and 32GB of ram due to the nature of my work, and gets about 30 minutes per charge. I could carry a second less powerful computer for flying in addition to my on-site computer, and deal with the additional hassle at security - but a better way to solve the problem would be the (working) AC outlet they advertise.

As for service, here's an example from today's flight (which caused me to post this) - flight attendant took the drink orders for everyone before take-off. When she brought them back around she "forgot" mine, and said she'd bring it shortly. Didn't happen before take-off. After take-off, she proceeded to help with coach beverage service. When she came back to first, I hit my call light and mentioned I still hadn't received a drink. She said OK, and then on her way up front proceed to talk with a passenger a few rows ahead, for ~15 minutes. She got up front, and returned with the cookies to pass out, and when she finally got back to me I was informed "they were out of glasses". Why she wouldn't just bring me a can instead, I couldn't tell you. So, no soda for me.

I appreciate the suggestions on reporting issues. I couldn't care less about compensation - I simply want to pay for, and receive, a hassle free experience.