FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old May 18, 2015, 5:13 pm
Miami305

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Crowne Plaza Lima - Peru

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Crowne Plaza Lima - Peru

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, absolutely

(...)
Crowne Plaza Lima - Peru

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Platinum Elite

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
We stayed for 2 separate 1-night reservations within a 5 day period. On the first night, yes. On the second night, no.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a Chase IHG free night award for both nights. Received an executive room upgrade on both reservations. I was not offered a suite upgrade.

How are the rooms?

The first room we received was clearly upgraded, and enjoyable. Clean, and satisfied.
The next room we received was clearly not upgraded. It was noticeably older, and less than desirable.
Also, I have no clue how the previous poster could call the rooms quiet. Must be used to living in Manhattan or something. The property is adjacent to Av Alfredo Benavides which is a major thoroughfare. Cars constantly (6am-11pm) honking. The windows are not well secured, meaning noise comes in easily. I would describe the noise as tolerable city noise, but if you need absolute peace, Lima may not be the city for you (or Miraflores specifically).

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good

Location in Miraflores is fantastic.
WiFi was speedy.
A late check out (3pm) was offered, but grudgingly after asking twice.

What was bad?

No breakfast at all for Platinum. The other poster must have been more handsome than I, because I got nothing.
When we asked for how to take the bus to Pisco, we were looked upon as if we were crazy. The bus ride was 90% cheaper than the options the concierge offered, and completely safe.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
It was a nice Chase redemption. I would probably explore other properties in Lima in the future.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 19, 2015 at 9:47 am Reason: no need to quote everything