FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Q1/2015 Call: New budget brand & interest in Starwood (brand)?
Old May 18, 2015, 8:13 am
HHonors OUTSIDER

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by loomis
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Hilton could buy La Quinta, which is a single-brand chain (www.lq.com), and that brand is around the same level as a Sleep Inn or Comfort Inn (at Choice). And since the chain is the same as the brand, it can bought lock stock and barrell without breaking a chain up. And they have plenty of locations around the US (of varying quality, which is an issue with every brand below the Hampton/Fairfield/HIX level*).

*Hilton is already familiar with varying quality, courtesy of DoubleTree, so why should that stop them?
Ironically, LaQuinta, like Hilton, is already owned by Blackstone. I think that Hilton wants to start a new budget brand from scratch.
This what I am getting at. He wants to build brand new what are basically Hampton Inns and price them at a Sleep Inn rate. The new name would be Magical Inns and suites by Hilton where "it can't be done but we just did it"