FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So is check-in at 3 or isn't it?
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2015, 7:33 pm
BigBopper

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
The whole "they said I'm a VIP because I hold a meeting there ever year" makes the hotel worse in my eyes.

To me, that leaves one of 2 scenarios. I'm of course assuming your 3 rooms weren't the yearly meeting to which you're referring.

As I've mentioned many times on these boards, my wife is a senior special events marketing person. She's worked at some prestigious companies such as NBC, BMW, and Forbes (yay, a full name). She routinely books events for up to 10,000 people and rents entire properties. When she stays at a property for work, she is treated like a true VIP unlike lowly PLT100's like me. For sight inspections and programs her room is ALWAYS read and full of crap and goodies no matter when she arrives. I"m fairly certain the room is left empty the night before just in case. I don't see a hotel ever making a VIP wait for a room.

That leaves the hotel either lying about what a VIP you are or the front desk dropping the ball to a much bigger level than you're giving them credit for. I also don't think the compensation for a VIP for be a mere 2,500 points.