FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So is check-in at 3 or isn't it?
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2015, 3:11 pm
TimesTwo

Boy this thread went downhill quickly. Two days without an update and I'm liar who should be "mentored" and I shouldn't have started this thread? I did get a response from the hotel on Friday afternoon but for the record, we took our kids out of town to see an aging great-grandmother this weekend and I wasn't exactly monitoring FT. Not to mention the update was more than I could do on my iphone.

Quickly for those who have actually been helpful and polite: because I hold meetings at this hotel every year, the sales and catering people had let the front desk people know that I should be considered VIP and kept in the upgraded room and due to a combination of a lot of things going wrong, including two of the employees being new, they didn't want to move me from the room I had been pre-assiged [the VIP thing isn't BS they just made up, btw, since they told me that before the event took place]. The Sales and Catering manager did some research, talked to everyone, checked the records, etc, then explained everything that went wrong and how they intend to make sure it doesn't happen again, then apologized and offered more points.

Honestly, I was planning to post the whole letter (names redacted, of course), but with these last few rude posts, forget it.

Initially, I didn't want to name the hotel without at least giving them the opportunity to make it right; why trash them publicly when they haven't even had the chance to respond? And now, in my mind, they've made it right. More importantly, I didn't start the thread to "name and shame" but to get some disinterested perspectives since no one at the hotel seemed to think it was a problem. Luckily, the hotel now agrees it was a problem. Thanks to those who offered actual suggestions.