FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Q1/2015 Call: New budget brand & interest in Starwood (brand)?
Old May 17, 2015, 11:37 am
Baze
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Well Hamptons had already up their rate for a while now even there are no new brand, good luck in finding Hampton that is still $99. My most recent overnight stay at DFW, Hampton was $135, given I am leaving the next day at 5am, I wouldn't even benefit for breakfast, all I need is a comfortable bed and shower in the morning, shuttle to and from DFW, there is no reason I am paying anything over $100 for a stay that short.

So I look for Choice, found a Sleep Inn that had just finished remodeled that cost $76, I could even gone for the nearby Quality for just $49, but when I read the reviews on tripadvisor about that Quality, seems like there are quite a bit of complains, so I pay $27 more to stay at Sleep Inn, still almost less than half of what Hampton cost. Choice got my business.
All depends on the location, for some of the places I go Hampton's are regularly lower than $100 a night, especially on weekends. Other places, usually $100-$150 a night. I do 9 night stays usually.