FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transatlantic meal service in Economy
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2015, 7:23 am
JehanMary

Smile Transatlantic meal service in Economy

Hello, my name is Jehan.
I've Been a lurker for 2 years and finally decided to register to be able to contribute.

Most of the threads and topics here seem to deal with First and Bussiness class travel. Its all fun and interesting to read about, but apart from a few lucky strikes Economy is where I'm traveling (and I actually don't mind).

I've got a round trip to NYC coming up and sent here to see
There seems to be a Consensus on this bland that the meal service for transatlantic daytime flights is sub par... But I've only round First and Bussiness reviews though. Anyone care to disclose what it's like In economy? Where no expectations in general are to be held.

I'm flying GOT - LHR on BA 0791
LHR - JFK on BA 0115
JFK - LHR on BA 0112
LHR - GOT on BA 0790

Anyone got any experience and can give me a clue what service in Economy Will be like? I've read BA usually serves a breakfast Even on short haul flights. But the 0791 departs at 11.15 am...
I usually eat a good meal in the departure area before boarding a longer flight so I wont have to worry too much abuor what they offer.
On My outbound flight there is just over 2hours transfer time at LHR terminal 5. Will that be enough for a sit down meal? Any T5 recomendations (Will obviously not have lounge acess).
Transfer on my return leg is just one hour so I"ll have to do without eating. I'm not a breakfast person so its not a big problem. Just curious, is there ANYTHING edible offered on the LHR-GOT route? Or just tea/coffe?