FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2015 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation 261/2004
Old May 17, 2015, 6:49 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GemmaC25
I've missed my connecting flight (LHR-ZAG) at 8:30. Currently 8 hours delayed and still waiting at gate. Promised vouchers never showed up so we've bought food and kept receipts. Do we just post these off when we claim for compensation?

I expect when we get to heathrow we'll get hotel and be booked onto the next flight tomorrow, again do we buy dinner and keep receipts? Is there a 'limit' I need to stick to?
Yes, keep the receipts, there's no formal limit, but just be sensible about it. A few quid won't be challenged, and if it gets to dinner this evening you can put a bit of wine or beer towards it. Normally BA's hotel deal would include a buffet evening meal in their voucher.

They may re-route you, I see some options via VIE, MUC and BCN, but the services look fairly full, so you may be right. Please let us know what happens when you get to London.

Welcome to Flyertalk GemmaC25, I'm sorry about the hassle, particularly out of one of my home airports, and it looks like they will try to take to the air around 14:30 at the moment. It's a pity you did not get shifted to the midday flight, but that presumably was full too. Welcome to this forum nevertheless.

Extra thought: if you are first off the aircraft, go to the Connections desk by the jetty. However there are only 2 or 3 agents there, so if there is a filthy queue - which won't move quickly - leave airside via the exit, head up to departures zone E, where there will be more staff. Keep an eye out for your flight number on anyone with a tablet as you leave the aircraft in T5, you almost certainly will be rebooked. If you refresh the App on your smartphone you may see what they have done.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; May 17, 2015 at 6:55 am