FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2015 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation 261/2004
Old May 16, 2015, 1:39 pm
londonsmiler

Hello all,

After a lovely two weeks holiday I had a little trouble getting home from Calgary last weekend when the plane (ba102) developed a fault which was only fixed by a part sent on the next days outbound - meaning it was delayed by over a day.

Ba did OK for us with a nice hotel, and a call to the exec club got both myself and my girlfriend rebooked onto the next days ba102 rather than waiting for the repair (which we weren't certain about time frames of).

I have sent off a claim for 600 EUR for each of us to cover the delay via the web form, however there is an additional complexity that I could do with advice on.

My girlfriend was on a separate booking to me, booked into wt+. When originally checking in for the flight she accepted an aup to cw. When the rebooking was performed this was recognised and shown as a cw reservation. However, on check in to the second flight she was downgraded back to wt+ (we weren't the only people who rebooked!)

Both the gate staff and lounge staff said we would get a prepaid debit card for 200 pounds compensation PLUS the cost of the aup. However, when the card finally arrived (10 minutes before takeoff) it was only for 200 GBP.

There was not time to fix this before the flight and the staff apologised for this mistake and said the amount should be automatically credited and if not to do a "fare difference" claim on the website.

Does anyone have any idea of how long I should wait for the "automatic" refund(I'm not sure how much confidence I have) and has anyone made a "fare difference" claim before - after searching I can't seem to find any info on this.

Many thanks for any thoughts.