FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Pilot Diverts to Remove Autistic Child From Plane for Safety Reasons
Old May 15, 2015, 11:04 pm
artvandalay

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Martina70
I did read the entire thread, in addition other sources.

Not even the mother's own account contradicts, that she said that if her daughter reached melt down mode, that she could lash out and scratch someone. That isn't hyperbole, that isn't diatribe coming from other passengers..or commentators, the mother said it. And once it's out there..she can't take it back.

The same way someone can't make a joke about having a bomb on a plane, then say 'heh, just kidding'. Just like someone in a subway uniform can't post on social media that that they are delighted that police officers were shot and killed- then become shocked once it becomes viral and they lose their jobs.

Unintentional consequences are just that.

You don't need to agree my opinion. The friends and family of the autistic community are divided on a number of issues, ranging from Jenny McCarthy, vaccination, H-bot therapy and 'recovery' , including THIS particular issue.

That doesn't make my POV ignorant or uninformed or make me deserving on a thinly veiled dig on your part or that those who appreciated my insight should be criticized as having low standards or expectations.
Thank you for such a thoughtful. compelling post. This can be a tough audience, but thank you for holding your ground. It was persuasive.

Oh, and welcome!