FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK-HKG F v J
Thread: JFK-HKG F v J
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2015, 2:03 pm
Spock Seat

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
I'm booked in F on an award ticket coming up JFK-YVR-HKG. But award space on a more preferable day has opened up in J. Is there really that big of a difference between the J product and the F product on this route going direct since I won't get access to the F lounge in HKG anyway, only the arrivals lounge that J gets too in HKG....
Although many, including myself, are not fans of JFK-YVR-HKG, if you're booked in F, I'd stay with that. I've flown this many times, but if F opens up on the flight that leaves 2 hours later, book that, not J. Keep checking.

As for JFK's lounge, the BA Business Class lounge (IMHO) is better than the cramped F lounge. At least it's so large you can run laps from one end to the other. The food is the same, no difference (at least when I am there). The desk always directs me to the business class lounge anyway (when I was Emerald) cuz they know that F lounge is not the best. There's an Elemis Lounge too, but I haven't found any showers (which they should have 'cuz I love their shampoo).

The issue really is the JFK-YVR segment in F is terrific, but it doesn't last. Upon landing in YVR, you'll be forced to wake up in the PJs, sit up, watch security run through, more passengers load, re-welcome with a new crew, schedule the meal, then take off, sleep. But it's still CX F and that's where you want to be. ^