FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So is check-in at 3 or isn't it?
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2015, 9:55 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by jabbered
Heaven forbid that a room that was dirty get marked as clean in the time it took to get from the desk to the room back to the desk.

Heaven forbid that an unoccupied room on the 18th floor become occupied by another guest in the same time.

Not everything is a vast conspiracy out to get everyone.
No doubt however, I thought I said which I see I didnt. When I got off the elevator for my new room, it was at the very end of the hallway. Yes housekeeping were busy cleaning rooms. My room was the last on the right side Id estimate from the el I had to pass well over a dz rooms. The cart for housekeeping was apx 5 rooms away from mine and numerous rooms had the dead bolt placed so the room was open, usually indicates not occupied and cleaned waiting for inspection and then it gets put into the avaialble inventory.

My room was locked and needed my key to enter, if a room was cleaned but is still being occupied by that person for another night the room is locked and not left opened via the dead bolt. Thusly my new room didnt just get cleaned and become available, had that been the case all the other rooms with the dead bolt keeping the door open would have also been properly locked since they too would have been in the inventory.

Is it possible my room and my room alone was checked even thou many others were also cleaned awaiting inspection, yes its possible but very doubtful at that. Usually they inspect a for at time. Now had no other rooms had their dead bolt open then I would have to have assumed they were cleaned and are being occupied by the same party for another night.Or had housekeeping been working on the room next to mine, what you said would probably have been the case. Since housekeeping was working a number of rooms away from mine and numerous rooms had the dead bolt keeping the doors open, I would say in this case you assumption was wrong.

Some hotels simply keep the doors wide open once the room was cleaned and isnt being occupied by teh same party for another night.Others simply have housekeeping throw the dead bolt so the door doesnt close.Its alot easier for the inspector to know which rooms were in fact cleaned and ready to be placed into the inventory.Needless to say any room not occupied the previous night doesnt get recleaned and need not be inspected once it was the previous day