FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rumor: MPC will go way of PPS
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2015, 7:52 am
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Update

I wonder if CX is listening, or reading this thread, or dumb luck. But I admittedly am going to have to eat a little crow here if the current trends continue.

1.) Op-up I have been scoring them at a rate literally unheard of before. It seems like half the flights, if not more, I'm getting op-ups on. I've been op-upped my last 3 flights in a row, and 4/5. And the best part about this is it doesn't seem to matter when I check in. I am getting op-ups when checking in at the airport 90 minutes before departure, even though I skipped OLCI. Whatever the new system is, my op-up rate is definitely benefiting from it.

2.) Seat block. I'll refer to the other thread, but I am encountering situations at outports where seatblock is proactively offered again in EY. Still hit or miss ex-HKG.

3.) On-board recognition. My last few flights I've received the more consistent service standards that were common before the Amadeus switch-over last year. I wonder if things have gotten straightened out with delivering elite status info to the crew. Something clearly went haywire when the Amadeus switch happened but perhaps it's getting better now.

I have absolute voted my displeasure with my wallet. This year - for the first time ever - I am proactively pushing travel spend elsewhere, namely BR, SQ, QR and EK. For the first year in 8 years on CX, they are not getting the majority of my travel spend. I have spent perhaps $15k USD on CX so far YTD and more on competitors. To me, this was practically heresy a few years ago. This year I came around and have put heaps of spend elsewhere.

Assuming the issues above resolve themselves, I really only have two gripes left, albeit the first is still serious.

1.) The premium mileage redemption situation for CX elites and MPC (compared to partners redeeming premium - particular F tix on CX) discussed ad nauseum here. I fall firmly (and selfishly) in the camp of CX should do more to make F and J redemptions available to their own MPCs. Regardless, CX has a decision to make and I've been voting appropriately.

2.) Lounge crowding. #1 to me is more serious, but this is still annoying. If #1 was fixed above and #2 stayed the same I'd probably still wouldn't hesitate to return most of my travel cash spend and mileage earning to CX+MPC/AM.

Unrelated, but another thing that drives me nuts is CX doesn't hold the mini-cabin in J on 77H for CX elites, and window seats in F for CX elites/cash passengers. It would be great if some seats were held back for their own members. Because these seats are frequently snagged by redemption pax booking waaay out.

Last edited by QRC3288; May 14, 2015 at 7:57 am