FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frontier Worst in On-time percentage and Customer Complaints
Old May 13, 2015, 6:02 pm
Big4Flyer

Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
They are also more likely to have paid 3 or 4 times the cost of a Southwest flight and most of them aren't savy enough to read a website and stop assuming that the airline that gave you a $39 fare from PHL to ATL has the same rules as the one thats charging you $239
While that's true I still don't understand why F9 is so much worse that the other ULCCs. I've done my fair share of flying on NK and G4 and have lowered my expectation accordingly each time I do, but F9 is the only one that's disappointed me consistently. Just as an example, the last flight I booked wouldn't let me book an award flight online so I had to call in, then after calling in and thinking I had booked my flight they called me back 3 hours later at 11:45pm to tell me that they forgot to submit my payment and needed my information again. Then when I had to change my flights, which their own website says is free, they couldn't and had to the redeposit my miles and then said they would have to charge $15 for booking a flight because it was less than 6 months out even though their own award flight doesn't even go out 6 months. I declined to pay the fee so they said they would just redeposit the miles. When I didn't see the miles back into my account it took 2 phone calls, 75 minutes of being on hold, and 3 weeks to get the miles back into my account. I recognize my experience is only one data point, but that's why I'm not a fan. That being said, if their prices are low enough, I'll still fly them, I've just learned not to use their miles to do it.