FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHs strategy: discussion thread for customers, investors, consultants & armchair CEOs
Old May 13, 2015, 8:53 am
FD1971
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by N1003U
Interesting numbers. I wonder if the yields have hit bottom...I also wonder what belly cargo is dong to the overall result--is belly cargo revenue on passenger flights recorded under Passage or Cargo?

Here is some interesting data on how the EU3 is making adjustments to the current conditions:
http://centreforaviation.com/analysi...-growth-223117
GDP growth in the UK has been 2.6% in 2014 vs. 1.6% in Germany for the same period.

Assuming that the old theories are still valid (applying a factor of 2-3) BA should indeed increase capacity faster in comparison to LH.

LH never really added capacity fast, especially in comparison to the US6, for example across the pond during the last upturns.

I do not think that the yields have hit rock-bottom, we still have a lot of (over)capacity in the market. And EK will start new A380 services soon adding to the capacity.

Unfortunately, 'The Flying Dead' are still around and also add capacity, at least in some cases, like AZ (!!) at DUS.