FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel News Forum: close, re-purpose or merge with TravelBuzz?
Old May 12, 2015, 5:10 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Half have been moved. The other half should be. Everything that was true about TN being redundant to other forums is as true today as it was last time this was proposed.

And the tweaks to moderation policy have not restored TN to its glory days of being a travel story RSS-style consolidator. Mostly because Doc more or less single handedly made that happen and he's not doing that anymore.

I certainly appreciate the massive amount of moderation work you have put into this forum. But that level of moderation proves the point: posters should be posting news articles in the appropriate forum rather than having you do that for them.

And I assure you, there is absolutely no hidden agenda here. I can't even imagine what hidden agenda there could be. So I am curious to know what more than a sincere desire to eliminate redundancy and make the FT experience more efficient for posters and readers you mean when you say 'there is more to this proposal than it appears.'