FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JNU-SEA RT $190! Amazing!!
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2015, 3:56 am
apodo77

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec

The only reason I'm not booking Delta is the stupid bag fees. Otherwise, Delta's service compared to Alaska is much better out of here - ie seatback tvs with free movies, 2 choices of entrees in First Class, a curtain they actually close between F/Y. Alaska is a GOOD airline - don't get me wrong - but Delta has a better hard product.
I fly DL almost exclusively on A and P fares since moving to FL last July (all booked to AS of course ) and wanted to share my experiences on what you posted about DL hard product.

Looks like DL flies the 737-800 between SEA-JNU and should be noted not all 738's have seat back entertainment. Looking at some dates in mid June and some of the flights only have shared overhead entertainment (DL's website does a great job of letting you know the amenities on a particular flight). Their 737-800's are on the older side and in need of a refurb IMO (DL in general has some old dingy aircraft out there but I digress).

I don't know about the SEA-Alaska routes but the 2 choices of meals are not always hot on the routes I have taken (always at least one). Some cold salad options recently and in the past including PDX-ATL last week. Food is palatable but often I don't partake if there is something better in the airport. Snack basket is mostly carb junk that is bad for you.

Service is almost always good with full PDB and have never had a service complaint I can remember. On many of their single aisle planes (excluding 757's) you get the same throng of economy passengers using the F bathroom despite the curtain. On flights where I have looked the curtain is a sheer curtain that usually isn't even closed all the way and just dangles there 3/4 closed. I have never recalled a FA announcement reminding passengers to use restroom in coach nor seen a FA send an economy passenger away from the F restroom.

Here was an overnight flight on a 737-900 PDX-ATL last year (there were 2 more behind them):