FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discounts/rebates on Visa/MC gift cards at Office Depot/Office Max(2014-2017)
Old May 11, 2015, 4:40 pm
ElPresidente

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by vagrants
My nearest OM had only $100, so I grabbed 6x. Tried to purchase 3x $100 with 2 transactions. The cashier reported 2 transactions to a manager (?), she came & told me that I must purchase all of it in a single transaction, a corporate policy. Smelled bull, argued since there were no customers, then left.
Doing 3x$100 doesn't trigger manager override requirement. Doing it twice would be a $600 purchase by one customer who MIGHT be trying to avoid having a manager personally scrutizine a large transaction. The bull here is you, who snorted and tossed horns and stamped out.

What you should have done is smiled sweetly and done the 6x$100 transaction, and thanked them for their assistance. When the amount is going to exceed $500, you should expect manager override and accept it graciously. If you are hitting a same store again where you have already done your "one per household", come at different hours and eyeball if it's the same manager on duty first. Never been a problem for me.

Last edited by ElPresidente; May 11, 2015 at 4:49 pm