FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Select Member Exclusive Email offer [Targeted], 30 April 2015
Old May 11, 2015, 2:44 pm
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by megalab
Start hyperventilating because I've been targeted again, with the same offer as last November. At that time I was, and had requalified for, Plat50. While it seemed odd that SPG felt a need to entice me to stay more, I hadn't stayed at SPG and had no bookings in the month between requalifying and when the offer was sent.

This year I'm way off pace to requalify as Plat50 due to SPG not being where I went so I could see their computers flagging me as someone needing a nudge. However, that's probably giving them too much credit; this appears too random and/or too broad to be more than an experiment as to what types of promos yield the most incremental business for which types of customers, rather than a bonus to "special" customers.

I got the same offer as you back in Nov. During that promo I had a 1 night, two room stay and the two stay credits counted for the bonus points, as I expected. I expect the same will be true this time.
Wow, just wow.

William, guess you shouldn't be surprised at how unfair this seems. Are some of SPG's customers more Preferred than others? I know if I ask you to comment on this, you'll say you have no idea what the marketing team is doing.

Can you at least tell us that as SPG's social media representative that you are provifing feedback from the FT community to your mktg dept. Seriously, targeting the same people twice while totally ignoring others??? I would love to be a fly on the wall in SPG's marketing war room. What are they thinking?