FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - As Security Tightens, the Race Goes to the Savviest
Old Jan 24, 2002, 10:00 am
tfjim

** Beginning of OMNI rant **

Doppy, really, get over it. Our government discriminates in more ways than you can imagine. I so wanted our earlier discussion to go away because it was sooo OMNI. You keep sticking to this rediculous DMV analogy. Look, here at the DMV office at Deer Creek in Maplewood, MO, there is a main line for the hoi polloi, there is also a line for handicapped who get served first, there is also a separate line and counter to service dealers and commercial accounts. There you go, a plain, blatant example of the government, of Missouri granted, discriminating. Call out the ACLU!

Look, I know you're in New York. I know that despite the attacks there are still plenty of folks living in la-la land. But please, let's get realistic. Our government, does discriminate everyday in every imaginable way.

Look at it this way: before the Law, we are all equal. We all have equal Rights (though I'm loathe to capitalize that one since they are limited much to the consternation of folks like Billery). But nowhere does it say or does the spirit exist that says the government entity must not descriminate in the way it enforces social policy.

** End of OMNI rant - apologies to all **