FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Salt Lake City [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2015, 7:36 pm
born sleepy

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by cfabar1
We stay at this property often, and while I would not find it particularly great, we generally enjoy our time enough... I can't imagine calling it the worst hotel in the entire SPG Portfolio...
Back again after a stay in Dec 2011. Doesn't look any different. Burned SNAs and got a "Jacuzzi Suite" on the first level at the very back of the hotel next to the trash compactor, which cycled all night. Sketchy neighborhood due to proximity of Pioneer Park which is this city's excuse for a homeless shelter. One of the back doors had its latch jammed with a dime so I fixed that. Was approached several times in the parking lot walking back from dinner or whatever and aggressively asked for money.

The room was very nice, everything felt new-ish. Didn't use the jacuzzi, and whenever someone went up or down the stairs next to my room it sounded like a cattle stampede. I'm going back for a few more days and pulled my pending SNAs because the suites are only in the two-level old part in the parking lot; I'd rather have a standard room in the tower. I'm at the Monaco for the weekend because the Sheraton was sold out and it had a good weekend rate, but the room is tiny and there's a large stationary engine nearby that revs up every 30 seconds day and night. Generator or pump or something. SUPER annoying. rrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrr.... repeat.

Update: back in a top-floor club room, renovated and pretty nice. Best thing? It's quiet! I was waffling about this place for next month's trip but decided to come back.

Last edited by born sleepy; May 10, 2015 at 8:54 pm