FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyplace decent in Hilo, Hawaii?
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2015, 8:58 am
Goodmorning2U

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Hadn't thought of vacation rental. I usually avoid them because so many rentals demand a huge breakage deposit or (in a few cases) even ask for you to give them a signed blank credit card form or check.

Hi Richard, the recommendation to stay at the Falls home on Reeds Island, is a very good suggestion, though it is often booked months in advance. The next best option is staying at the Shipman House (a non-luxury but charming and comfortable inn).

We have lived in Hilo for the past two years (on Reeds Island) and though it has many incredible things to see (Volcano National Park, Richardson beach with turtles and views of the mountains), it would be worth it to me to commute 2.0 hours each way to stay at Hualalai...

For dining...go to Paul's Café. Its worth seeking out.

Also, for gifts, find the artist on Wednesdays and Saturdays at the Hilo Farmer's Market who hand paints endangered Hawaiian flora and fauna, in addition to other beautiful animal life, on charms for necklaces and bracelets. She is gifted.