FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to plan my first award trip... Did I do it right?
Old May 8, 2015, 8:27 pm
mikelat

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RonaldRaygun
So I have gone about the first step of approvals.

American Express Platinum - Approved
Starwood Preferred Guest - Approved
Alaska Airlines Visa Signature - Approved x2
CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ Executive World EliteTM MasterCardŽ* - Approved

There was something interesting that came up...

I submitted two separate applications for Alaska Airlines Visa Signature, and have screenshot proof of two separate approvals for $13k credit lines. I don't know if this is a fluke within the Bofa application system, but when I applied for a third card online, I was denied. Calling the recon line didn't help as the card application hadn't gone through.

Not entirely sure if I was genuinely approved for the 26k worth of credit line (more likely 1 account, 2 cards). Will need to separate the cards to ensure I qualify for the bonuses.

Either way, the total spend required has dropped down to $28,000 to accomplish the desired award flights. Now it's some 90 days or so I suspect before the points show up in my account.

Purchasing the remaining Alaska Air points is also an option at $739.06 for the remaining balance should I not meet the $20,000 in MS required for the SPG card.
Thats a heck of a lot of MS you have coming up. Be careful with it and hope you get the points in time to book.