FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would a foreign ff program number hurt precheck odds?
Old May 8, 2015, 11:20 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by iahphx
So here's another wrinkle to this. I have an Avios coach award ticket on US Airways for an int'l flight leaving the USA. I switched my ff number to Qantas, where I am a sapphire elite. It got me better seats. I went to check in, and entered my passport info and such. But, unlike a domestic flight, it didn't offer me the option to add my Known Traveler number. Concerned that I wouldn't get Precheck, I went to Finnair and switched my ff number to AA (no elite, but I get zone 2 boarding by having their credit card). I still didn't get a chance to enter my Known Traveler Number, but it's in my AA profile.

I got precheck from doing this. Had I kept my Qantas number, is there a good chance I would have been denied? Or is this just silly?
If your AA profile weren't what is populating the KTN, you can call up the operating US airline to enter the KTN independent of the US airline/FFP profile. Either way, we call up the operating US PreCheck-participating carrier in such circumstances to make sure the KTN is in the U.S. airlines' PNRs and then call back to confirm the KTN number is the same (ending at least) as what we provided earlier over the phone. The non-US FFP number isn't what results in "being denied" PreCheck LLL.