FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Narita Express changes (eff. 14th Mar, 2015)
Old May 8, 2015, 5:20 am
bmwe92fan

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Arriving at NRT last night, I really struggled with this "advice"..........

For starters, the "friendly" limo bus did run more frequently than the JR train, but the transit time to the CBD was the same i.e. 1.5 hours. The cost was nowhere near 1900 JPNY. I was quoted 3100 JPNY for a one-way, plus taxi to my destination.

I ended up ignoring this advice, going downstairs and taking the JR Train. The cost? 1300 JPNY, and that included a transfer to my destination (Gotanda).

I have no idea where you got this information, but in my case (at least) it was incorrect.
Well, I gave this "information" because I have a place in Tokyo, fly in and out 4-6 times per month, and I was the one that actually purchased the 1,900 yen ticket so I think the information is pretty good lol! Two weeks ago it was still the deal and have the receipt to prove it (as it was last month and the month before) - if you give them your foreign passport the rate magically drops from 3,100 to 1,900. Also - please know that the posted times are typically worst case and I almost always arrive much earlier... Fortunately, I am arriving back in NRT on Monday (I go twice a month) - I will try it again and report back...

Last edited by bmwe92fan; May 8, 2015 at 7:39 am