FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2015, 11:08 pm
PeaceandPost
formerly mattrendell27

Just got approved for WF Cash Back with 5k CL. Waiting for card to arrive in the mail to start hitting the 5%.

Planning on mostly buying VGC's at CVS/Walgreens and mix in a little grocery store when I'm out of town (I would do more grocery store but there aren't any in my area that sell $500 GC's). Then buy MO's with the VGC's.

When you guys go to WF branch with MO's do you usually ask to pay CC bill directly with the MO's or do you simply ask to deposit them into checking account and then go home and pay off CC?

And if you deposit them into checking account are the funds available to pay CC bill immediately?

Also, what about depositing MO's at WF ATM? Would that clear the checking account immediately or would it be slower than handing them to teller?

Ever get any questions/remarks from the tellers about why so many MO's and where they are coming from? I have 7 WF branches within 7-8 mile radius of my house so I'm hoping if I spread my visits across all of them hopefully no one teller will see me often enough to scrutinize me.