FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First/Business Class: Should there be age restrictions?
Old May 7, 2015, 11:31 am
Redhead

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
I don't think the problem is the kids, I've found that 90% of the time its the parents.
Change the percentage to 95% + when talking about kids under 5 and I'm with you.

I recently flew first class to Costa Rica with my 2 yo. I took a whole backpack of snacks and toys to make time go faster. She was very good except for the last 20 minutes when she announced "all done" and wanted to get up. Heck, I felt all done too and she quoted down quickly. I didn't sleep a wink on the flight because I was working to ensure my daughter was happy and well behaved. Too many parents view flight time as time to stop parenting. This doesn't change by whatever cabin they are in.

I will continue to book first when I can and will continue to be an active and involved parent.

And to the OP asking about why take kids on vacations they won't remember: while my daughter likely won't remember this trip, it was a chance for her Costa Rican family (I was an exchange student with them 25 years ago) to meet her. I doubt my host parents are going to live much longer and it gave them immense happiness to meet their American grand baby.