FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reviews/Feedback on LH Premium Economy flights?
Old May 6, 2015, 10:14 am
SK AAR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
my experience with PE on FRA-DXB r/t

PE is not yet sold to/from DXB but the flight is often operated by one of the A343 with PE.

I had purchased a dirt cheap K class r/t LH ticket via FRA to DXB some time ago. Seatmap showed that PE seats would be available but ASR was not working for these seats, neither online nor by phone (agent told that these seats were blocked, another said that ASR is no longer available for *A Gold ). Anyway, when OLCI became possible for LH630 FRA-DXB the PE seats were gone/did not appear in the seat map at all. When boarding it turned out that the a/c in fact had no PE seats installed - but I was able to pick an emergency exit seat when doing OLCI so the flight was still OK. IFE was updated/good.

For the return flight DXB-FRA the sequence of events are more interesting. A couple of days before my return flight, LH631 DXB-FRA I suddenly noticed that I had been assigned a PE seat in my reservation ^ Mind you I had not pursued this issue further since being told that ASR is no longer possible for *A Gold pax, so being pre-assigned a PE seat "out of the blue" was certainly a (positive) surprise. Later, during OLCI other PE seats were available to choose from and I actually changed to a bulkhead PE seat ^ Then I completed the check-in, printed the BP and was happy that I was in for a good sleep on this night flight to FRA.

Some hours later, I was checking the a/c flying in from FRA and discovering that it was D-AIGP (the last A343 to be refitted with new C and thus certainly without PE ) I did OLCI again; my seat was no longer a bulkhead PE seat but a normal Y seat in the rear Luckily, emergency exit seats were still avaiable so I changed and still got a nice seat, but not a PE seat as actually assigned in the reservation.

Indeed it was D-AIGP with F, old C seats and the old terrible IFE waiting at the gate a DXB. Bad luck and a bit disappointing when I was so close to trying the PE seat for the first time

Last edited by SK AAR; May 6, 2015 at 10:19 am