FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmanZoe (Greece)
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2015, 10:13 am
MacMyDay

Originally Posted by GK1998
We are going to Amanzoe this summer. We like the fact that usually at Aman gratuity is automatically added to the bill, not so at Amanzoe. Does this impact service quality ? Do I need to walk around with cash ? Any recent experiences ?

Thanks

We're going at the end of May for the 4th time in less than 2 years and have never had to tip anyone once. In terms of service, I've found Amanzoe to be consistently brilliant. I'd still rank Amanpulo and Aman-i-khas above it, but for a resort with around 38 rooms and over 300 staff, you'll be well looked after.

For the service charge, there really is no pressure at all to add anything at the end and they handle it in a very polite way, whereby it's simply referenced in a letter in your room about how to leave a service charge, if you want. When you pay the final bill, no one will ask you if you want to add anything, it's down to you. I always have as I've felt the service has been quality. Do remember that most hotels add the wonderful "12.5% service charge" and hide it amongst the rates, but Amanzoe makes it optional. I would guess they do this as it must rank as the most expensive Aman resort, if you were looking at the basic room. If they suddenly started advertising it closer to €2,000/n in peak inc. tax and service charge, it may put too many people off.