FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA could have enhanced the F and C experience instead of penalizing WT/WTP.
Old May 4, 2015, 4:58 pm
Oaxaca

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by HMPS
QR flies BOM DOH ORD. Making both these flights comparable. This is a concrete example, why bring in Emirates ?
Originally Posted by simons1
Is a JFK-BOM non stop on Qatar then? I thought they were both one stop. As is EK.
Both correct, but that's not what Globaliser was talking about in the post that HMPS responded to. It was about comparing a non-stop WTP fare with a J fare on another airline which would require a stop, which would not be apples with apples (and hence my hypothetical EK example, could have been anything).

To be more concrete in my example, I asked the same question up-thread of the OP, who mentioned that other airline J was similar price to BA WTP on LHR-GIG, but didn't clarify if those other airlines were direct. In fact they could not have been, as AFAIK only BA flies nonstop LHR-GIG. The point being that BA may not be concerned about others selling J competitively on an indirect flight if they can fill WTP on a direct at the same price.