FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 4, 2015, 7:30 am
Dcislander

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Andaz counter arguement

I'll start by saying I'm Diamond and we experienced some of the same issues as others, mostly a lame breakfast. A few of the staff didn't seem to care much while others were very polite and proactive.

Here's my bottom line on the Andaz WS: if someone else is paying for my stay (ie, work trip) I'll most likely stay somewhere else. If I am out of pocket I'll definitely stay here again, without question, and here's why:
1. The price is unbeatable for such a nice room. Sure there are better rooms but few at that price point.
2. The room we had was $130 cheaper than any other upper end Hyatt in NY. I'll take the room, skip the breakfast, spend $30 on an awesome bagel place for the family and put the other $100 towards anything else in NY.
3. Some don't like the fact that AWS is far from the bright lights of TS but that's exactly what we loved. Walked the Brooklyn Bridge, the winding downtown streets, good kids park at SSS. A nice break from the throngs.
4. We did a paid stay and used a DSU and they gladly upgraded us to the large suite, added a rollaway and made up the sofa for the kids.

Are there Hyatts with better breakfasts and nicer staff, sure but none at this price.

Just my $.02