FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA could have enhanced the F and C experience instead of penalizing WT/WTP.
Old May 3, 2015, 11:47 pm
LOUDNOISES

Programs: CA Gold, EY Silver HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by paul4040

The fact is, you and I, and everyone else know that UuA W to J was ridiculously good value. With the Avios you earned on the underlying fare it almost cost nothing at times.
Just to offer an alternative view to this. When you see WT+ tickets priced at the same level as J fares on other airlines, does the old UUA system still seem such a good bargain, or value?

I personally thought the WT+ prices were just about right for the CW product I was receiving. Full CW & WT+ fares are overpriced imo, especially for my individual needs (mostly leisure or leisurely business).

No particular anger about the changes, they are what they are. It would be interesting to know the maths behind the 140% increase however. Did they expect myself and others like me to bite the bullet and start paying CW fares or was I actually costing them money and they are happy to see the back of me!

Overall point being they havent tried to find a realistic sweet spot that would allow for inreased points charges but also retained customers.

We have now just booked 3 trips over the next year with EY in J. Average fare was a little over 100 pound more than a WT+ ticket. First time I have actually looked forward to flying in years!