FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Japan restricts operations of Thai carriers
Old May 3, 2015, 5:07 am
seanthepilot
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by spk
I've read the article.

The first "risk" has nothing to do with Thai Airways. It's about DCA's issue with Chaba Air which is a defunct Thai airline. Violation? Maybe. But why should AVCON raised this issue to the President of THAI puzzles me.

The second "risk" is also not relevant, so the A340-500's are not kept in air worthy condition. Hello?? The A340-500's have been withdrawn from the fleet and permanently parked since 2012. The maintenance of the fleet poses no risk whatsoever to the the safety of the Thai Airways operations.
The gist of the article is that TG allegedly falsified hundreds of log entries, putting the integrity of the entire fleet at risk. I'd expect the integrity of all their records, including maintenance, crew training, and those of any certifying bodies would be equally suspect.

If you think this article isn't about Thai airways having integrity problems then maybe we read different articles.

Code:
Secondly AVCON's engineer complied missing log files, missing component tags, mismatches of serial numbers in the records and actual serial numbers of components installed in HS-TLD.

The list contained over 200 items of such cases and was growing untill the date AVCON stopped working because HS-TLD's C4 check was stopped at 80% completion and parked outside hanger.

The letter stated AVCON can't imagine the true level of such cases on 3 other A340-SOO's as well as the entire THAI fleet. A huge safety issue could be the result.
Missing or falsified records is taken seriously in aviation. I'd guess that TG doesn't want anyone looking at their dirty laundry. My feari is that it may be too late.