FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Old May 1, 2015, 7:45 pm
Jay294

Hi All,

I am primarily a Delta flyer, I fluctuate between Platinum and Diamond status depending on the year.
I am hoping someone could help me make the decision between American Airlines, and Delta Airlines for my future loyalty.

1. What is most important to you in a frequent flyer program (FFP)?

Upgrades, priority services,.

2. How many miles do you usually fly each year? How many flights/sectors?

approximately 100K-125K/year, over 150 flights/year.

3. What fare class do you usually buy?

Economy

4. Are you able to choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?

I am able to choose my airline, but am limited to coach service, and travel almost exclusively for work.

5. Which routes do you fly most often

I live in south Florida, and fly all over the southern US, usually as far north as the Carolinas, to as far west as Texas, but I go where ever my boss sends me and sometimes it is as far as California, or as far north as Maine.

6. What is your home airport?
PBI (Palm Beach) or FLL (Ft. Lauderdale)

7. Do you have status in any FFP? What is it? How miles do you have banked in a FFP, if any?

I'm currently platinum with Delta, and I just made the Platinum challenge on American. I have over 1M miles with Delta, and over 100K with American.

8. What are your preferred airlines, if any?

I've been a loyal Delta flyer for about a 8 years, but lately they have been pissing me off with their lack of service and redemption of miles. I was wondering if people think I should make the jump to American, or is it the same garbage in a different packaging?