FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015)
Old May 1, 2015, 1:42 pm
Mamibear

Originally Posted by mh1361
I just opened a Fidelity Cash Management account and applied and was approved for the Fidelity Amex to use online with Serve. Took maybe 30 mins total so seems worth it to me. I don't see the benefit of Redbird over Serve if I'm loading 1k with a 2% CC online and buying 5k of GCs with a 5% CC to load. Am I missing something?
with RB, you can load up to $5K DIRECTLY @ Target using your CC, no need to buy GCs; with Serve, you can't load with CCs directly at WM. RBs can also be loaded with AGCs bought from portal, Serve can't be loaded with AGCs.

You're correct about the 5% reward you can get depending on CC used to buy those GCs. Target is not a qualified grocery store per amex terms so no 5% RD on purchases there.

I have Serve and RB and I don't intend to give up my Serve at this time. Another benefit of Serve that RB doesn't have is amex sync, but who knows RB may also get linked to it any moment?

If you have friendly Targets and WM, you be the judge which one is easier to deal with when loading RB and Serve.