FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old May 1, 2015, 3:01 am
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by PremExecSNA
[-Lack of RA recognition at check in. The man at the lounge started to rationalize the lack of upgrades because they are an "Intercontinental Alliance" property. He could barely disguise his displeasure that I even expected anything more than what they wanted to give me. I had to firmly explain the T and C. That got the stay off to a poor start.
Let me give you a tip on Vegas. You have to tip everywhere if you want good service. Front desk staff expect a tip at most hotels when people ask for upgrades. It's just the way it is. Even though you were entitled to the upgrade, he was put out that you didn't slip him some money. I guarantee that had you placed a $20 on the counter his attitude would have been completely different and you might have even gotten a higher upgrade.

If you don't want to play the tip game, then you sometimes have to go through unpleasant exchanges to get what you are entitled to.