FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New safety video coming
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:02 pm
char777

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
They need to be serious about this safety video. The people who really need to watch it are the ones who don't fly often. References to real aircraft cabin layout and identifying items should be the focus. It seems references to a taxi cab, tour bus, palm tree, fighting Gondola, etc. was over the top. I don't take safety as entertainment, I take it seriously. I've sat through 3,500+ safety announcements/videos so I think I understand what to do in event of emergency. I am more concerned of my fellow travelers who are not plane savvy that they might not know what to do because the video made light of a very serious matter and did a poor job educating the non-seasoned traveler.
This. Safety videos shouldn't be trying to be funny all the time. It was fine when Delta had the subtly cheeky Deltalina FA, and it's fine for a quirky LCC like VX to have that weird cartoony one, but now these videos are going too far. I'm guessing the fact that they're inviting pax to be in the new one signifies that maybe UA is going back to a more traditional video.

I wasn't a fan of the last PMUA one as it looked really cheap. My favorite is probably the first one post-merger. It looked high quality and told you everything you needed to know in 3 minutes. Though the 90s one was really really awesome, too.