FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How should I deal with another who shoved my backpack down the belt?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:37 am
justhere

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MaxBuck
So the assertion is that if I put my stuff loosely into three bins rather than tightly into one, I'm measurably slowing the process?

I don't think so. This one strikes me as worrying about nothing.
I think the OP's situation is worrying about nothing. As far as your example of using three bins, when using the PreCheck line, why would you need that many? Nothing needs to come out of your bags, your shoes stay on, etc. I could see using one of the little round bowls for your phone and keys if they aren't in your bag. I don't think I could carry enough stuff in my pockets to fill one bin, let alone three.

Even in the non-precheck line and having to take out a laptop, one bin is generally enough. They tell you not to put anything in with the laptop but as long as it is not on top or under the laptop you can put other stuff in there. I put my phone, belt, etc next to the laptop and I can't remember the last time I took my liquids out of my bag. I can also see why a second bin might be needed if you have a jacket etc. I suppose if you are carrying more than one laptop you'd also need more bins. Perhaps that's your situation, in which case more power to you.